At enrolment you should normally have achieved:
- An undergraduate UK honours degree or international equivalent in a subject related to your proposed course of study; or
- A degree-equivalent postgraduate diploma /professional qualification
You will also need:
- one reference to support your application from an academic or a creative practitioner
- a proposal outlining your intentions for postgraduate study
Applicants who hold a Degree from another discipline or have experiential learning in lieu of a degree that can demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills may also be considered for entry, subject to an interview and the submission of a satisfactory portfolio related work in support of their application.
Months of entry
This course has been devised for creative practitioners, recent graduates and professionals who wish to examine, strengthen and deepen their practice within their own context.
This course offers a bespoke learning experience that is tailored to each student’s practice. A wide range of creative practitioners have all graduated from this course.
MA Creative Practice encourages you to pursue an individual research interest for the duration of your study. Allowing you to examine and strengthen your own practice and place it at the centre of your studies in a transdisciplinary learning context. The course addresses the needs of graduates and practitioners who want to continue to develop their practice and identities in the creative and cultural industries.
You will be encouraged to maintain contact with other creative practitioners and develop freelance or other creative career paths within a portfolio career. This course will also support and prepare you to develop ideas for application to a practice-based PhD.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Leeds Arts University