Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- A good honours degree with a significant proportion in Chemistry.
- GCSE Grade C (or 4, or accepted equivalent) in English and Mathematics. We offer GCSE equivalency tests to those who have a conditional place on the course but do not already have these qualifications. We accept GCSE equivalencies from the provider Equivalency Testing. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure.
- Suitable personal and intellectual qualities required for teaching in secondary schools.
- Commitment, attitudes and values appropriate to that of a secondary teacher.
- The ability to read effectively and communicate clearly and accurately in spoken and written standard English.
- The capacity to meet the Secretary of State's requirements for physical and mental fitness to teach. All successful candidates will be asked to complete a health assessment as part of the entry conditions to the programme.
NB: Candidates with third-class honours degrees will be considered on an individual basis, and normally only if candidates have additional qualifications and/or significant relevant professional experience.
At Leeds Trinity, we treat every applicant on their own merits and value highly the experience you illustrate in your personal statement. Strong applicants also have experience in secondary schools.
For additional entry requirements, visit our website.
Months of entry
Teaching secondary-age children is your chance to share your passion for your subject and inspire the next generation.
Teaching children isn’t a one-size-fits-all approach. Every subject is different, which is why we centre our support on subject-specific knowledge, up-to-date teaching practices and, most importantly, your specific needs as a trainee teacher.
All our PGCE Secondary courses lead to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and the award of a level 7 Postgraduate Certificate in Education.
Our PGCE Science courses will give you the opportunity to deliver hands-on practical activities and in-depth explorations of the curriculum to best support your own teaching. For more information, visit our website.
Why study with us?
Leeds Trinity University is a well-established and widely respected higher education institution with an excellent reputation for training teachers to work in primary and secondary education settings.
As the premier provider of teacher training in Yorkshire and the Humber region, we offer outstanding courses with strong school partnerships for aspiring teachers.
We offer a variety of routes into the teaching profession, as well as a wide variety of subjects and age phases. So you can select the route best suited for you and your future teaching career.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions team
- 0113 283 7123