- a minimum 2:2 honours degree in Architecture
- to attend an interview
- Assessment of suitability to the course may also be undertaken by review of a portfolio of work and an interview
- Students with first degrees without RIBA/ARB Part 1 exemption should be aware that the MArch awards exemption from RIBA / ARB Part 2 only. If you wish to register as an Architect in this country or become an RIBA Chartered architect you will have to acquire RIBA / ARB Part 1 separately
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- IELTS 6.5 (minimum 5.5 in each component)
Months of entry
This MArch from LJMU invites you to creatively engage in a truly interdisciplinary and project-orientated architectural study.
- Embark on this research-informed, nationally respected programme that has been fully validated and externally accredited for over 40 years
- Take part in overseas workshops enabling you to undertake design work in new territories and contexts such as Porto, Marseille, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Essen and Duisburg
- Develop skills in communication, presentation and self-motivation
- Benefit from state-of-the-art workspaces and facilities within the RIBA award-winning John Lennon Art and Design Building
- Degree Show 2022
- Guided Tour Video
This programme of study is thoughtfully balanced to address the creative and technical demands of the architectural profession.
In the 2017 RIBA revalidation, the MArch programme was commended by the visiting assessors for "...the Architecture programme's focus on urban design projects across a range of scales, evident in the work of the MArch students."
Taught principally through a studio environment that is underpinned and informed by lectures and workshops, the over-arching ambition of the programme is to create graduates with artistic flair, who are technically skilled and grounded in the demands of the professional role of an architect.
The learning and teaching environment is progressively informed by research in pedagogy in the creative field. While teaching the curriculum, the programme also develops less tangible skills in students, such as communication, presentation and self-motivation. A key ambition is to create independent thinkers, adept at resolving problems with creativity and originality.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquries
- 0151 231 5090