You will need:
a relevant minimum second class honours degree from a recognised University or equivalent institution
- an equivalent professional qualification
- an award accepted by the University as equivalent to the above
- at least three years' relevant work experience at managerial or equivalent level
- IELTS 6.5 (Min 5.5 in each component)
- Pearson PTE Academic 64 (Min. 59 in each component for UKVI Purposes)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- International students applying to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU should check if they require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. Contact International Admissions Team for more details
- International students entering on a Student visa cannot study part-time
Months of entry
This Advanced Practice course combines both the theoretical learning of Investment and Finance and the practical application of it through a real consultancy project.
- Prepare for a range of careers in finance
- Learn to think strategically about finance with an emphasis on research and critical analysis
- Benefit from academic expertise in a variety of financial management disciplines
The field of investment and finance forms part of the structure of all organisations and the general health of the economy. In every arena, the effective financial investment and management of funds enables businesses to operate successfully, achieving and exceeding their set goals. Engaging in this course of study will provide you with a perennial skillset, and a valuable piece of professional development if you are looking to take your career to the next level of responsibility, and salary bracket.
The overall aim of the MSc Investment and Finance programme is to produce postgraduates who are able to make a valid and meaningful contribution within the field of finance. This will be achieved by exposing you to the current theories, concepts and developments within this discipline and, by doing so, you will become competent and thoughtful practitioners.
You will develop an understanding of the interpretation, uses, and analysis of financial and investment information in a practical domestic and international context. Your reflective, critical and evaluative thinking will be improved through exposure to contemporary and current issues in finance and via teaching and learning that is strongly supported by research and professional practice.
This intellectually challenging programme of study will focus on current issues, themes, and applications within the field of finance and financial management. Your analytical, critical and problem-solving skills will be extended through the academic evaluation of literature and current financial practices.
During the second year of the course, you and your fellow students will undertake a semester-long group consultancy project, working on a project brief provided by a business. This project enables you to apply the theoretical knowledge you have learned and gain workplace experience at the same time.
AACSB International –The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business logoLiverpool Business School at Liverpool John Moores University is a member of AACSB International – The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
AACSB International is a global association of leaders in education and business dedicated to supporting and advancing quality business education worldwide. Through membership, accreditation, research, thought leadership, professional development, and advocacy, AACSB partners with over 1,500 organizations, from more than 90 countries globally. Membership or participation in the Global Education Alliance does not imply accreditation.
Information for international students
Please see the course page for more information.