You will need:
- an undergraduate degree in a cognate subject area
- an undergraduate degree in a non-cognate subject area when supplemented by relevant skills and / or experience
- degree equivalent professional qualifications, e.g. BCS Professional Graduate Diploma in IT
- a HND plus a minimum of three years relevant professional experience
- IELTS score of 6.0 (5.5 each component)
- Non-standard applications are welcome. Admission will be at the discretion of the Programme Leader. Applicants may be required to submit a CV and references. Please contact the Admissions Team for further information
Months of entry
A very topical course, combining theory and practical aspects of machine learning with a view to forming capable professionals for the jobs market in this field.
- Embark on this newly developed course on a topic of great recent and predicted growth
- Explore the theory of machine learning and practical applications
- Benefit from studying both the practical focus and real industrial applications - this is one of a small number of such courses available
- Learn from academics with substantial experience in machine learning and industrial collaboration
Machine Learning is the scientific study of the ways in which computer systems can be programmed to perform a specific task without using explicit instructions, relying on patterns and inference instead through algorithms and statistical models.
This course is unique in combining theoretical and practical aspects of Machine Learning that will prepare graduates for a career in Industry or Academia. Modules include both aspects throughout the programme and prepare graduates for a variety of roles in Machine Learning development and deployment.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Contact LJMU's International Admissions Team for guidance on visa information. Further information is also available from our international web pages.
Fees and funding
Please see the LJMU website for details.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries