Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You will need:
- A 2.2 Honours degree or above in Audio Production, Audio Technology, Sound Technology, or a related audio discipline
- A 2.2 Honours degree or above in Forensic Science, Mathematics or a physical science, together with experience in a relevant field; or
- A degree with industrial experience or relevant postgraduate experience; or
- Other qualifications or experience deemed to be equivalent to the above. In particular, mature students must provide evidence of adequate educational and/or industrial experience to assure a reasonable chance of success on the award programme
Months of entry
This programme prepares students from varied backgrounds for work in the fields of forensic audio and audio restoration utilising state-of-the-art methods and technology.
- Whether you want to use your experience and skills to help fight crime in the digital age or preserve our media heritage for the future, this is the course for you
- The course will help you convert and apply your Audio/Science skills, qualifications and experience to enhance your employability in the new emerging industries of Audio Forensics and Media Restoration
- The course has been designed specifically to meet the needs of exacting standards of each industry
- On completion of the course you will emerge well prepared to develop a career in both areas of study
- The Audio Forensics and Restoration Masters is ideal for those who have a strong interest in: Audio archiving, Sound preservation and Restoration, Modern CSI techniques, Audio forensics with expert witness disciplines, Evidence analysis, Audio processing
The processes and techniques taught across the course are fully integrated and complementary. They are designed specifically to help you convert your current related qualifications and skills into high value specialisms that can serve the many industries requiring qualified, informed audio expertise.
The Audio Forensics modules will equip you for a career working with or for the police, supporting investigations as a modern digital forensic provider. Further skills gained from the Expert Witness module will open up additional opportunities in the emerging professional private investigative services. The ability to authenticate, analyse and enhance audio evidence to the exacting standards required by law is now one of the most sought after technical skills in the crime detection portfolio.
The restoration modules are designed specifically to build and broaden audio skills. They will equip you with the knowledge to confidently operate and support the exciting new areas in commercial media that are making 20th Century media accessible to a 21st Century audience. Preparing classic film soundtracks for re-release, preserving archive musical performances and restoring analogue recording for modern streaming distribution are just some of the exciting new careers emerging thanks to the digital tools you will be using on this course.
After completion of this course you will not only be suitably equipped to operate within the proposed ISO frameworks of Modern Digital Forensic Services but fully prepared to utilise your skills for enhanced employability in specialist areas of the modern media industry.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries