You will need:
- An honours degree or equivalent in Maritime, Transport, Logistics, Business, Management or related studies.
- Applicants with an unclassified degree and significant relevant industrial experience may be considered.
- Evidence of experiential learning in the maritime industry, such as a Master Mariner certificate.
- Other qualifications considered by the course team to be of similar academic level to the above.
- a non-UK equivalent qualification
- IELTS English language requirement: 6.0 (minimum 5.5 in each component)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
If you have any specific queries, please contact email@example.com
Months of entry
LJMU's internationally respected Maritime Operations Management MSc offers access to a world-renowned research institute and essential contacts for your future career.
- Study at one of the UK’s leading Maritime Schools
- Access an international centre of excellence in maritime education and professional training
- Look forward to roles in consultancy, shipping company management, marine insurance management, ship broking and ship management
- Follow a curriculum informed by world-leading research plus links with the regional Mersey Maritime cluster, and the UK-wide maritime industry
- After graduating, enjoy exemptions from the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers chartered membership examinations
Situated in the famous port city of Liverpool, LJMU has been offering maritime education for almost 125 years. Our University is also one of the only four or five institutions in the UK where you can undertake this kind of quality Masters programme.
During your studies you will gain the tools to be an effective project manager of shipping operations. You will also have the option to study law, port security management, and risk and asset management.
You will have the opportunity to broaden your experience with employer visits and lectures from guest speakers. Industrial visits and guest lecturers are an important part of the course, enabling you to understand the latest developments in the market and build a network of important contacts.
This programme is also available as a 2 year (240 credit) option. This consists of the standard 120 credits of taught modules plus 60 credits of MSc project, accompanied by an additional 60 credits. This can be taken as either a single semester group design project (a current module) or a sandwich placement year of 30 weeks (a current module).
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Contact LJMU's International Admissions Team for guidance on visa information. Further information is also available from our international web pages.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090