The standard entry qualification is an honours degree in a relevant discipline from an approved University. The degree award should be at least second class upper level. Alternative qualifications together with substantial relevant work experience may also be deemed to be acceptable for entry to the programme subject to the approval of the programme leader. Non-UK applicants will be expected to have demonstrated competence in English language equivalent to a minimum of IELTS 6.5. Applicants who have studied and successfully achieved a UK degree within 24 months of the start of the MSc are exempt from this requirement.
Months of entry
Accelerate your career prospects as a project manager with this Masters course at Liverpool John Moores University. You’ll study postgraduate project management techniques and can gain PRINCE2 qualifications.
- Course available to study full time (1 year) and part time (2 years)
- Curriculum informed by internationally recognised research from our Built Environment and Sustainable Technologies (BEST) Research Institute
- Enjoy excellent career opportunities in a variety of areas including construction, the oil and gas sector and the maritime industry
- Gain PRINCE2 qualifications alongside your Masters
The programme is available to study full or part time at LJMU or you can opt for distance learning. It aims to:
- develop and/or extend your exposure to the current and emerging theories and practice of project management
- encourage a risk management approach to problem solving
- provide opportunities for collaborative and individual student-centred study, developing analytical, critical, problem solving and research skills appropriate to the role of project manager
- provide clear career development opportunities to aspiring project managers
- provide a dynamic learning environment to facilitate an appreciation of multi-cultural and interdisciplinary project teams
- provide a focused understanding of the application of project management theories and strategies to organisations and projects in a global market place
This qualification aims to enhance career opportunities for those looking to move into project management within their own content area of expertise and also for those looking into a new area. As such, the programme is structured with options that will be specific to certain industrial sectors.
The programme has a strong emphasis on developing professional and transferable skills required by all industry sectors and these skills will be enhanced through the delivery mechanisms of group discussions and case study scenarios. Course tutors have extensive links with both professional bodies and industry and these links facilitate guest lectures and seminars by leading practitioners.
Information for international students
LJMU will be awarding a range of generous international scholarships for students enrolling at the University in September. Please contact LJMU’s International Team by visiting www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/international-students for more information and advice.
Fees and funding
Please contact the Faculty of Technology and Environment for up-to-date information regarding fees. The Faculty can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0151 231 2777.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090