- an undergraduate degree in a cognate subject area
- an undergraduate degree in a non-cognate subject area when supplemented by relevant skills and / or experience
- degree equivalent professional qualifications, e.g. BCS Graduate Diploma in IT
- a HND plus a minimum of three years relevant professional experience
- IELTS score of 6.0 (5.5 each component)
- RPL is accepted in this programme
Months of entry
A practical, pioneering MSc course focusing on immersive technology tools and techniques for the development of virtual and augmented reality systems.
- Embark on this newly developed course focussing on a topic of great recent and predicted growth
- Learn how to use and develop a range of tools, techniques and systems for Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality
- Experience one of the first MSc courses in the UK to focus on the development of VR/AR applications and systems development
- Benefit from the experience of academics with substantial experience in 3D graphics, Computer Games, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality and with substantial industrial collaboration
A pioneering MSc in the UK that will prepare graduates for a career in industry or academia. Virtual and Augmented reality content is expected to expand in all domains, from sport and leisure to training, entertainment, advertising, health applications, tourism and many more.
The programme focuses on the development and application of tools and techniques of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality with a view to producing capable professionals to work in this field.
A dedicated Lab with high performance workstations, as well as specialised hardware and software is used for the practical work in this programme. Each student is assigned one workstation for the duration of the programme, including the final Dissertation Project.
There has been sustained growth in labour market demand for workers with skills in the subject in recent year, and it is anticipated that application of Virtual/Augmented Reality technologies will become more mainstream in the future
This is an exciting area with applications in a variety of industrial domains, from training, advertising and marketing, urban planning, medical therapies, computer games, and many others.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Fees and funding
Please see the LJMU website for details.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries