You will need:
- a minimum 2:2 honours degree in a relevant science, including forensic science
- IELTS requirements 6.5 (minimum of 5.5 in each component)
- Pearson requirements 58-64 (Min. 51 in each component for UKVI Purposes)
- RPL is accepted on this course
- If you have applied to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU, you should check if you require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate. Please contact LJMU’s International Admissions Team for further details
If you have any specific queries, please contact email@example.com
Months of entry
LJMU's Forensic Bioscience MSc is ideal for forensic science practitioners and science graduates with its state-of-the-art facilities and research-informed curriculum.
- Enrol on this course which is taught by leading experts in the field and informed by research and excellent industry links
- Enjoy access to state-of-the-art laboratories, crime scene facilities and a moot room
- Learn from forensic anthropologists, biologists, crime scene and fire investigation specialists and leading in-house academics
- Benefit from a local, national or international work placement
- Develop transferrable skills in legal matters and research methods and specialise in your chosen area
Forensic bioscience involves the understanding and application of many diverse techniques and this programme aims to enhance your depth and breadth of knowledge, understanding and practical skills via a stimulating and challenging curriculum.
Unique in the North West, the course is led by experts in the field and focuses on the biological aspects of forensics. Key topics include decomposition, entomology, microbiology, histology and DNA analysis. You will also study forensic medicine and issues such as post mortem interval determination and identification. You will explore the criminal justice system as a setting in which a forensic scientist might work and discover how to apply appropriate techniques to complex forensic cases, critically evaluating current crime scene techniques.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Fees and funding
Please see the course page for more information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090