You will need:
- a good second class honours degree in a relevant scientific discipline such as biology, conservation, animal behaviour, zoology or ecology
- an academic reference
- a satisfactory reference from your employer or line manager etc
- professional experience, publications, written reports, CPD activities and other suitable evidence of accomplishment
- a satisfactory reference from your employer or line manager etcto attend an interview
- to attend an interview
- IELTS 6.5 (Minimum of 5.5 in each component)
- Pearson PTE Academic 64 (minimum 59 in each component for UKVI Purposes)
- RPL is accepted on this programme
- International students applying to study a full-time taught Masters, MRes, MPhil or PhD at LJMU should check if they require an Academic Technology Approval Scheme or ATAS certificate
- International students entering on a Tier 4 visa cannot study part-time
If you have any specific queries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Months of entry
Explore contemporary wildlife conservation and drone applications on this MSc at LJMU. Learn from world-leading experts and take part in a field trip.
- Learn from world-leading experts in the field of wildlife conservation and drone technology
- Study on this course which is the only one of its kind in the UK
- Benefit from world-class teaching and laboratory facilities (including drone technology, genetics and GIS facilities)
- Design and complete a wildlife conservation study abroad using the latest software packages, such as ArcGIS, R, and Distance
Wildlife conservation is an exciting field of study that has important implications for the way in which we manage our world. With an increasing global population, conserving our wildlife becomes more complicated and conservationists are increasingly using technology such as UAVs to help them with their efforts.
This Masters will provide you with advanced skills in using drone technology for wildlife conservation research and will give you the specialist skills to maintain and operate drone technology as well as using sensors to obtain and analyse data.
A postgraduate degree is highly recommended for a career in this area so that you can demonstrate the necessary theoretical background and practical skills to work in the field. LJMU boasts world-class teaching and laboratory facilities (including state-of the art drone technology, genetics and GIS facilities) which you will be able to use during the course. You will also have 24 hour computer access and access to specialist software. In addition, the LJMU library has an extensive collection of online and hard copy book, journal and internet resources related to studying Wildlife Conservation.
* Practical and field activities underpin all programmes in the school. PPE and access to specialist facilities are provided for all necessary practical work. There are no additional costs for any day field trips. This programme includes a core residential field trip, which may be in the UK or an international destination, subject to Covid-related national and international travel restrictions. Travel, accommodation and site costs are included in the course fees. You will be required to meet other potential costs, such as field clothing, visas and immunisations if required.
Your lectures and seminars will be delivered by world experts in the field of wildlife conservation and drone applications. The quality of research and teaching during the course mean that you will graduate with cutting edge knowledge and access to a host of international professional networks. The Research Centre in Evolutionary Anthropology and Palaeoecology (RCEAP) conducts research at the frontiers of biological anthropology, catalysed by discovery-oriented field research. The Drone Research Group comprises experts in the design, development and use of drone systems for a wide array of scientific applications.
Information for international students
Please note: All international qualifications are subject to a qualification equivalency check via NARIC.
Contact LJMUs International Admissions Team for guidance on visa information. Further information is also available from our international web pages.
Fees and funding
Please see the LJMU website for details.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0151 231 5090