Candidates will be required to have academic qualifications commensurate with entry to postgraduate study, and be able to demonstrate an aptitude for scientific study. Candidates would normally be expected to have a good honours degree (i.e., upper second or first) in sport science, science or a related discipline. Overseas students whose first language is not English will further require an IELTS score of 6.5 or above.
Months of entry
Delivered by experts from the School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, this programme focuses on the practical application of research, including intermediate life support and phlebotomy.
- Available to study full time (1 year) and part time (2 years)
- Course developed by world-leading academics in our pioneering School of Sport and Exercise Science
- Student numbers are capped at 20 for this highly competitive course to give you dedicated access to staff and facilities
- Access state-of-the-art laboratories in our award-winning Tom Reilly Building
- Enjoy a combination of invaluable practical experience (including a substantial clinical placement) and theoretical learning
- The School houses 12-lead ECG and cardiopulmonary stress exercise testing equipment
- We also house ultrasound machines – echocardiography and vascular physiology, and we are world leaders in utilising this equipment in a practice-based setting
- Look forward to enhanced job opportunities
There has never been a more exciting time to undertake an MSc in Clinical Exercise Physiology. Exercise now represents one of the world’s major businesses and scientists have an increasingly prominent role in working with healthy and clinical populations to maintain healthy lifestyles and reduce disease.
This Masters programme is ideal if you want to go on to specialise in exercise physiology in a clinical setting or work at doctoral level in academia.
The programme provides a detailed knowledge of physiology applied to clinical contexts, but is also designed to extend your knowledge beyond ‘classical’ exercise physiology studies and into novel techniques and theories underpinning exercise physiology and health.
The MSc programme provides extensive practical experience in key physiology laboratory tests such as ECG and cardiopulmonary testing. It also gives a good understanding into modern and novel ultrasound assessments of cardiovascular function. Academic development is provided in fundamental scientific techniques including research methods, statistical analysis and scientific communication.
Information for international students
LJMU will be awarding a range of generous international scholarships for students enrolling at the University in September. Please contact LJMU’s International Team by visiting www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/international-students for more information and advice.
Fees and funding
Please contact the Faculty of Science on:
- tel: 0151 231 2888
fax: 0151 207 3224
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquries
- +44 (0)151 231 5090