An Honours degree in a relevant subject with a minimum 2.2 classification or a professional qualification of equivalent standing together with such relevant professional experience as deemed appropriate by the School. Non-UK applicants will be expected to have demonstrated competence in English language equivalent to a minimum of IELTS 6.5. Applicants who have studied and successfully achieved a UK degree within 24 months of the start of the MSc are exempt from this requirement.
Months of entry
Fast track your career with this RICS accredited Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management Masters. Liverpool John Moores University offer part time day release on this postgraduate course aimed at preparing you for senior management role.
- Course available to study full time (1 year) and part time (2 years)
- Supported by industrial partners such as Carrillion and Lovell, and Professionally accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Internationally recognised research in our Built Environment and Sustainable Technologies (BEST) Research Institute
- Part time, day release study option if you are already in employment
- Career opportunities in areas such as contractors, supply chain, consultants and within QS client organisations
The programme will develop your knowledge and practical skills and enable you to undertake a variety of quantity surveying and commercial management roles in the construction sector.
During the degree you will:
develop an advanced understanding and knowledge of the theory and practice of procurement, construction contracts, cost management, information technology and project management in the wider business and built environment sectors
have opportunities for the critical appreciation and understanding of the significant factors impacting on the effective management and development of the built environment, e.g. physical, legal, economic and technological considerations
- study current and emerging theories and practice of quantity surveying and commercial management
- complete both collaborative and individual student-centred study that will develop your analytical, critical and problem solving skills
- gain abilities to lead, champion and develop new organisational processes that improve the quantity surveying and commercial managers practices.
The programme team has extensive links with both professional bodies and industry that facilitate guest lectures and seminars by leading practitioners.
Information for international students
LJMU will be awarding a range of generous international scholarships for students enrolling at the University in September. Please contact LJMU’s International Team by visiting www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/international-students for more information and advice.
Fees and funding
For up-to-date information regarding fees please contact:
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquries
- 0151 231 5090