Students will normally hold a Bachelor Honours degree andnormally they will be on Part 1 of the Nursing and Midwifery (NMC) register with a children's nursingqualification (RN Child) with a minimum of three years post registrationexperience.
Months of entry
The MSc in Children's Nursing enables you to develop a reflective, enquiring, critical and innovative approach to your professional practice. You'll further develop the knowledge and understanding with which to enhance your professional practice and advance in an analytical approach to care which is based on best available evidence. You'll also learn to understand the current structure of Children's Services Provision and the role of the nurse within that structure. You'll demonstrate your commitment to excellence in providing care for children and their families, as well as analyse future research needs within your area of practice. Your studies should contribute towards improving care provided for children, young people and the family.
In addition, you'll enhance your life-long learning skills and personal development, enabling you to work with self-direction and originality as well as contribute to professional practice and to society.
Distinctive features of this programme include:
- Meeting the education and training needs of employers and individuals through flexible part-time study;
- The taught programme is complemented by e-learning support and interactive online activities and is supported by expert children's nurses;
- Emphasis is on integrating theoretical approaches with the practice of Children's Nursing;
- Assessment uses innovative practice based approaches such as mock clinical scenarios and reflective logs;
- Potential students can claim advanced standing for up to 50% of the programme (for suitably qualified applicants).
This programme is aimed at Children's Nurses who expect their career to remain primarily in child health care professional practice, are working in primary, secondary or tertiary clinical settings and who wish to continue their academic development to postgraduate level.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12-72 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries