A 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent international qualification) in any discipline.
Months of entry
Our MSc Water Management for Development (Distance Learning) programme is designed to develop careers managing water and environmental sanitation services for low- and middle-income countries. It is aligned with our Water Management for Development MSc programme taught at the Loughborough campus.
Our MSc in Water Management for Development (Distance Learning) programme is managed by the Water, Engineering and Development Centre (WEDC) in the School of Architecture, Building and Civil Engineering. The programme is delivered online from the WMFD Portal.
WEDC programmes are well-established, and held in high regard by practitioners and employers from both international development and emergency sectors. Modules are taught by experts in a broad range of disciplines who have considerable experience of working in low- and middle- income countries.
This programme is designed to:
- provide the multidisciplinary knowledge and skills to coordinate, plan, manage and monitor water and environmental sanitation services, with a focus on low- and middle-income countries
- support the professionalization of the sector, through policy development, performance improvement, institutional reform, change management, benchmarking services and aiming for financial viability
- encourage a critical approach to the global principles and local practice of sustainable water and environmental management for the public good
- equip students with appropriate expertise and skills for relevant work in management of water and environmental sanitation for low- and middle-income countries
- encourage critical analysis through in-depth study of a specialist topic
Loughborough attracts and appoints outstanding academics, many of whom are expert leaders in their fields. By studying our Water Management for Development programme, you will benefit from working with specialists who are enthusiastic about their subjects and at the forefront of current research. Visit the WEDC website for details of the WEDC staff team.
Who should study this programme?
The Water Management (Distance Learning) programme is for graduates who wish to develop careers in managing water and environmental sanitation services in low- and middle-income countries. The structure of the programme suits the needs of international students, and/or those who may be returning to study.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 - 60 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
Qualifications available: MSc, PGDip, PGCert
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)1509 228793