About Institute for Digital Technologies
Taught in the high-tech business capital of the world, the Institute for Digital Technologies programmes are designed for students who wish to gain knowledge and expertise in the latest advances in digital media systems, mobile Internet, advanced 5G networks with cloud systems, cyber security, digital engineering and digital technologies combined with business and entrepreneurship.
Each programme incorporates principles and teaching inspired by current research, whilst offering students a chance to partake in development projects and industry-focused work experience opportunities.
Excellent Job Prospects
Our programmes include real world examples of major research and technology development projects and industrial placement opportunities to help bring the students up to date with industry expectations for excellent job prospects.
- Cyber Security and Big Data MSc
- Digital Innovation Management MSc
- Digital Creative Media MSc
- Digital Marketing MSc
The Institute for Digital Technologies provides exciting cutting-edge research opportunities for postgraduate students. Our PhD students are linked to major companies, have access to extensive research and computing facilities, and participate in large scale international collaborative projects, providing them with exceptional postgraduate research experience.
Studentships may become available throughout the year, please keep checking our website for details.
Current research within the Institute focuses on:
Interative Media Systems
Future multimedia applications will heavily rely on advanced content processing and networking solutions.
Interactive media systems integrate various digital media components including audio and video into a structured immersive digital environment, with multimodal interfaces allowing users to interact effectively. The research in interactive media is concentrated on three topics:
- Audio-visual communication systems
- Effective visualisation techniques
- Augmented and virtual reality systems
Networks, Internet of Things (IoT) and Cyber Security
The four pillars of research within this area are:
- Monitoring, analysing, modelling and adjusting the network configurations to optimise resources for better computing services and improved quality of experience
- Developing next generation IoT systems with fully-autonomous smart behaviour capabilities
- Building application driven, self-configurating capabilities for embedded intelligence and robustness
- Developing novel mechanisms to identify, evaluate, enhance and mitigate cyber threats through signal processing and machine-learning algorithms
This research area encompasses the intelligent control of soft and physical systems by way of sensing, perceiving, and predicting future events and reacting to the data.
The specific research areas include:
- Advanced signal processing to handle massive multi-dimensional and multi-modal sensor data, generated in real-time
- Intelligent perception to understand, organise and prioritise the sensed data to deduce the system status at a given time
- Intelligent mission planning and reacting to status changes by optimising the system resources to achieve goals under imposed constraints
Fees and funding
Studying for a postgraduate programme at Loughborough University London is a significant but incredibly rewarding investment in your career and your future. Tuition fees cover the cost of your teaching, assessment and operating University facilities such as the library, IT equipment and other support services, and vary between courses. We have a range of scholarships and bursaries on offer; these are worth up to 100% towards fees!
Loughborough University London is located on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, within a new innovation quarter known as Here East.
Overlooking the Lee Navigation Canal in the north west of the Olympic Park and surrounded by unrivalled green space, Here East was developed from the former Press and Broadcast Centres hosting the world’s media during the London 2012 Games. Now the site is a hub for the UK’s thriving creative and digital industries.
Loughborough University London is ideally located, with easy and affordable transport connections to and from central London, the UK and various European destinations.