About Loughborough University London
Loughborough University is a leading UK university, with an international reputation for research that matters. Loughborough offers excellence in teaching and has a history of maintaining strong links with industry. What’s more, the university maintains unrivalled achievements in sport and its underpinning academic disciplines.
In September 2015, Loughborough University launched a new campus at the former International Broadcast Centre on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London. Located within a thriving multi-disciplinary community, this exciting development forms part of a long-standing strategy to develop a world-class centre of innovation, education and enterprise.
As soon as Loughborough University came to London, I knew it was the only choice for me, particularly given my aim to move into the sport business sector. Loughborough University London offers me the knowledge and skills I am looking to gain, and the University’s reputation is a big selling point.James McAllister, MSc Sport Business Innovation
- Loughborough University London forms part of the Here East development and is situated by the most advanced digital infrastructure in Europe!
- Loughborough University ranked fourth in in the 2017 Guardian League tables
- University of the year in the WhatUni Student Choice Awards 2016
- Loughborough University ranked 13th in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2015
- Loughborough University won first place in the Times Higher Education award for the Best Student Experience.
- Loughborough University London is within London’s hub for the creative, new media and digital industries. East London is home to more artists, creators and makers than anywhere else in Europe!
- Loughborough University voted England’s Best Student Experience for six consecutive years
- Loughborough University named University of the Year for Sport, The Times Good University Guide 2014
- Loughborough University has been successful in receiving a total of seven Queen’s Anniversary Prizes commending the University’s research excellence
- Loughborough University has achieved a five star rating in the QS Starts Scheme, an independent assessment of its performance
Loughborough University London continues Loughborough's success as one of the country's top research-led universities, bringing benefit to local and international communities through applied research and sociocultural, interdisciplinary thinking.
Organisations from London, the UK and around the world work in close partnerships with our world-class set of researchers and research institutes, allowing us to transfer new knowledge to all sectors through our enterprise activities.
Our cutting-edge research underpins our teaching, providing our students with an education at the forefront of their discipline. Our students have the opportunity to work with top researchers and industry leaders and gain first-hand experience of real-life problem solving. Individual projects are motivated by challenges identified by industrial contacts within Loughborough University London’s network of partner companies.
I like the varied and innovative modules available at Loughborough University London. Having something like the Collaborative Project on my CV will be an amazing asset when it comes to applying for roles, particularly in a sector that is so highly specialised. I can’t wait to engage with companies and learn from my peers.Jasjoot Mudhar, MSc Media Clouds and Business
- East London Community Scholarship: open to any student meeting the Loughborough University in London degree programme entrance criteria who obtained their GCSE’s or A-levels (or equivalent qualifications) from within the growth boroughs – Barking and Dagenham, Greenwich, Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest. These scholarships provide students with up to100% off the full cost of tuition fees.
- Dean’s Award for Enterprise: Competitive scholarship based on a one-page submission of your business idea. Applicants that are shortlisted will be asked to complete a short video interview and the award will be given at the discretion of the dean, with the support of the senior leadership team.
- Excellence Scholarship: This scholarship awards high achieving UK, EU and International students.
- Alumni Bursary: The Alumni Bursary offers graduates from Loughborough University 20% towards the full cost of their tuition fees, regardless of their programme or nationality.
- 1909 Excellence Award: £1,909 off tuition fees for students who wish to study a programme from the Institute for Digital Technologies, the Institute for Design Innovation or the Institute for Sport Business AND have made a significant contribution to their University during their studies OR have at least two years or relevant, professional work experience OR have a plan to create a new business after graduation.
The deadline for applying for scholarships is 31st July 2016
Loughborough University London is located on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, within a new innovation quarter known as Here East. Overlooking the Lee Navigation Canal in the north west of the Olympic Park and surrounded by unrivalled green space, Here East was developed from the former Press and Broadcast Centres hosting the world’s media during the London 2012 Games. Now the site is a hub for the UK’s thriving creative and digital industries.
Loughborough University London is ideally located, with easy and affordable transport connections to and from central London, the UK and various European destinations:
- Ten minutes’ walk from Stratford International station, Docklands Light Railway (DLR), London Underground and hundreds of regular public buses, including National Express coaches, Transport for London buses and Megabus services.
- Westfield Stratford City is positioned next to the Park and has over 250 shops and outlets, including Jaeger, Cos, Mulberry and Zara. There are over 80 places to eat and drink, include UK favourites such as Wagamama’s and Nando’s, as well as regional delights such as Tortilla and Franco Manca Pizzeria.
- The campus is a 19 minute tube-ride away from central London, giving you easy access to Oxford Street: one of the most energetic shopping districts in the world. From here, Carnaby Street, Bond Street, Soho, Covent Garden and Savile Row are all just minutes away, making Stratford an easy base for thousands of leisure and tourist adventures.
- London’s major airports (City, Gatwick, Heathrow and Stansted) are 15 - 60 minutes away. The campus is internationally accessible and is no longer than an hour away from budget flights across Europe and beyond.
Our scholarships and bursaries have been created to celebrate academic excellence, support ambition and reward meaningful contributions to local communities.
East London Community Scholarship (Up to 100% off your tuition fee)
For any student who has obtained GCSE’s or A-levels (or equivalent qualifications) from The Growth Boroughs – Barking and Dagenham, Greenwich, Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets and Waltham Forest. Applicants should complete a one page submission outlining their personal contributions to their local community.
Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship: (90% off your tuition fee)
Competitive scholarship based on a one-page submission of your ‘business idea’. Applicants that are shortlisted will be asked to complete a short video interview and the award will be given at the discretion of the Dean, with the support of the Senior Leadership Team.
Alumni Bursary (20% off your tuition fee)
The Alumni Bursary offers graduates from Loughborough University 20% towards the full cost of their tuition fees, regardless of their programme or nationality.
Excellence Scholarship (20% off your tuition fee)
The Excellence Scholarship awards high achieving UK, EU and International students. Any student with a high 2:1 or first class undergraduate degree or equivalent from a recognised high quality institution will be considered.
1909 Excellence Award (£1,909 off the full cost of your tuition fee)
For students who wish to study a programme from the Institute for Digital Technologies, the Institute for Design Innovation or the Institute for Sport Business and have made a significant contribution to their University during their studies OR have at least two years or relevant, professional work experience OR have a plan to create a new business after graduation. To be considered for the award, students must be UK or EU citizens with a 2:1 Or higher (or equivalent) from a recognised, high quality institution.