About Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
The Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship offers programmes for those who wish to gain knowledge and practical skills in entrepreneurship and innovation management. These programmes have been designed to cultivate networks and help transform ideas into success stories. With an enviable plethora of well-established industry partnerships, Loughborough University is recognised for delivering challenging, career-enhancing programmes with the ability to deliver tangible value to individuals and organisations.
Students enrolled on an Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship programme have an unrivalled opportunity to contribute towards the vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem thriving on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park and in the neighbouring growth areas of Hackney Wick and Shoreditch.
Our strong network of industry partners also provides an enriching opportunity for our students to collaborate with a range of organisations during their studies. We even have Plexal, an Innovation Centre located at Here East that gives innovators the launchpad they need to build game-changing businesses. Whether your goal is to launch a business, develop an idea or support an existing organisation, the Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is dedicated to making your future ambitions a reality.
Each programme offers a curriculum that is informed by industry trends and current market insights. Students will have access to an exciting series of master classes, workshops and public lectures from recognised businesses and organisations based in the UK and overseas.
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management MSc
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation MRes
- Entrepreneurship, Finance and Innovation MSc
- Managing Innovation in Creative Organisations MSc
The Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship is committed to delivering research that is academically excellent and adds social value by addressing some of the problems facing the world today.
This type of research is relevant for all management studies scholars but particularly for those with a research interest in entrepreneurship and innovation.
Our key areas of interest include:
Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Formal and informal entrepreneurship
- University spin-outs
- Contextual influences on strategic entrepreneurship
- Corporate entrepreneurship
- Social entrepreneurship
- Creative and cultural industries enterprise
- Ethnic minority enterprise
- Business model innovation
- Entrepreneurship ecosystem
- Innovation ecosystem
- State capitalism
- Corporate governance: board structures
- Comparative corporate governance
- Corporate data responsibility and big data
- Executive compensation, executive turnover and impact on decision-making
- Digital enterprise
- Online entrepreneurial activity
- Redistributed manufacturing
- Big data
- Data-enabled capabilities
- Internet of Things
- Innovation and entrepreneurship across generations governance in family firms, including boards, trustees, and family councils
- Family versus non-family relationships (harmony/conflict)
- The importance of cultural, political, legal and economic context
- Family exit and management buy-outs
Social Science and Enterpsie
- Entrepreneurial creativity and imagination
- Gender intersectionality and entrepreneurship
As a research student at Loughborough University London, you will become part of a talented research community and will be actively encouraged to engage with other research communities across the globe.
Studentships may become available throughout the year, please keep checking our website for details.
Fees and funding
Studying for a postgraduate programme at Loughborough University London is a significant but incredibly rewarding investment in your career and your future. Tuition fees cover the cost of your teaching, assessment and operating University facilities such as the library, IT equipment and other support services, and vary between courses. We have a range of scholarships and bursaries on offer; these are worth up to 100% towards fees!
Loughborough University London is located on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, within a new innovation quarter known as Here East.
Overlooking the Lee Navigation Canal in the north west of the Olympic Park and surrounded by unrivalled green space, Here East was developed from the former Press and Broadcast Centers hosting the world’s media during the London 2012 Games. Now the site is a hub for the UK’s thriving creative and digital industries.
Loughborough University London is ideally located, with easy and affordable transport connections to and from central London, the UK and various European destinations.