Applicants are required to have a good honours degree, minimum 2:2 classification honours degree (or international equivalent). You also need to fulfil the British Psychological Society’s criteria for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership You will also hold a GCSE or equivalent in English language. Prior learning and experience may count for advanced standing. International students please visit mmu.ac.uk/international
Months of entry
The Department of Psychology at Manchester Metropolitan University boasts research expertise of international repute. Choosing to study with us will not only provide you with an intellectually stimulating degree, but also by providing you with access to the latest research expertise and specialist equipment, we will develop your thirst for knowledge and inspire you to question, research and analyse your theories.
We are committed to ensuring that our graduates are employable professionals. It is increasingly important that your postgraduate degree programme develop the skills that employers are after and alongside the acquisition of academic knowledge, our students will develop and apply skills in:
- Verbal communication
- Professional report writing
- Analytical thinking
Features and benefits of the course
- Accredited by the British Psychological Society, if students enter this programme with eligibility for Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) from their undergraduate Psychology degree then successful completion of this programme will fulfil stage one of the requirements towards Chartered Membership of the Society and full membership of the Division of Forensic Psychology.
- 130 high quality academic papers in print over the last 12 months
- 96% of students are satisfied with the quality of our teaching (NSS)
- We have a clear focus on student employability, offering psychometric testing and workshops to support students in their personal progression and future job applications.
Information for international students
For more information to support your studies in the UK, including course details, how to apply, and living in the UK visit www.mmu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Information regarding the fees for this programme can be found on our prospectus pages
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||5|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||62|
|Dissertation||33 (15000 words)|
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Team
- +44 (0)161 247 6969