You’ll need a good UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent, in any subject. We might also consider your application if you have relevant management experience.
Months of entry
Tourism and hospitality are vital to economies all over the world. This is a sector that’s full of opportunities and constantly evolving.
On this course, you’ll study the latest management practices and how they apply to tourist operations, attractions, resorts and more.
By industry, for industry
We created this course in partnership with airlines, attractions, hotels and other organisations, including the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA), Expedia and STA Travel. And we’re working with even more to give you firsthand experience of the industry throughout your studies.
There will be live client briefs, guest lecturers, field trips and industry events. You’ll get to attend meetings with the regional ABTA group and have the option to complete an internship with one of our partners, where many of our graduates have been offered jobs.
Experts in the field
Your tutors have worked in tourism and hospitality organisations around the world – with decades of experience between them. And since this course is part of our Business School, you’ll also be taught by specialists in areas like digital strategy or entrepreneurship.
With the course being accredited by organisations like the Association for Tourism in Higher Education, you can be certain you’ll have access to the highest levels of expertise.
Features and Benefits
- Study in a city of culture – surrounded by Manchester’s excellent attractions on your doorstep, you’ll regularly get to see tourism and hospitality in action.
- Tourism and hospitality experts – you’ll be taught by staff with extensive experience managing operations in the hotel and restaurant industries or experts with tour operator management background.
- Triple crown - study in a Business School that has prestigious triple accreditation from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA.
- Industry connections – take advantage of our extensive industry links and seek out exciting opportunities in the thriving world of international tourism.
- Regular Industry events – learn valuable insights from guest lecturers working in the field, and visit key tourism organisations and hospitality giants.
- Hands on learning – work with tourism and hospitality employers to develop your professional tourism and hospitality skills, putting them into practice organising your own live project.
- Placements – build a powerful CV filled with real-life experience through volunteering and professional internships of up to 48 weeks.
- Tourism and hospitality opportunities – graduate with a qualification that will allow you to pursue a variety of management careers in the global tourism and hospitality sector.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
This course includes a 36-48 week internship option.
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Team
- +44 (0)161 247 6969