You’ll need a UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent, in any subject. We might also consider your application if you have relevant management experience.
Months of entry
Tourism and hospitality are exciting and dynamic areas of study and present a wide range of opportunities for careers all over the world. Following the impact of COVID-19, employers are going to be looking for fresh and innovative minds to help rebuild these industries in a rapidly evolving environment. This creates a platform for the next generation of tourism and hospitality professionals to enter the world of work and make their mark.
On this course, we will teach you the latest tourism and hospitality management theory and practice and how it applies to tourist operations, attractions, resorts and more.
By industry, for industry
We have created this course in partnership with airlines, attractions, hotels and other organisations, including the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA), The Fat Duck Group and Expedia. We work with even more organisations from the visitor economy in order to give you first-hand experience of the industry throughout your studies.
You will have the opportunity to work on industry briefs and regularly hear from experts within the industry who will share their knowledge and expertise with you. Engaging with industry professionals will help to give you an insight into how different organisations operate, and how they respond and adjust to the opportunities and challenges they face.
Experts in the field
Our tutors have experience working in various tourism and hospitality organisations around the world, including tour operators, airlines, event organisers, hotels and attractions. In addition to our expertise in tourism and hospitality, you will also be taught by experts in the specialist areas of digital strategy and entrepreneurship.
We are passionate about industry sustainability at Manchester Met and the long-term future of tourism and hospitality. Join us on this course to find out how you could play a part in helping to rebuild one of the most exciting industries in the world.
Features and Benefits
- Centre of Excellence – we are an Institute of Travel and Tourism Centre of Excellence, this gives you access to industry professionals, networking and mentorship opportunities.
- Study in a city of culture – Manchester is a regional hub for tourism and hospitality, meaning you’ll regularly get to see the industry in action.
- Tourism and hospitality experts – you’ll be taught by staff with extensive experience in the tourism and hospitality industries, from managing operations in hotels and restaurants to tour operators and more.
- Triple accredited - our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Industry connections – take advantage of our extensive industry links and seek out exciting opportunities in the thriving world of international tourism and hospitality.
- Insights from industry – learn valuable insights from guest speakers and mentors working in the field, and gain valuable industry contacts.
- Hands on learning – work with tourism and hospitality employers to develop your professional tourism and hospitality skills, putting them into practice by working on your own live project.
- Tourism and hospitality opportunities – graduate with a qualification that will allow you to pursue a variety of management careers in the global tourism and hospitality industries.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
This course includes a 36-48 week internship option.
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries Team
- +44 (0)161 247 6969