Normally a good UK honours degree (minimum 2:2), or international equivalent, in any subject. We will also consider your application if you have degree equivalent professional qualifications or significant management experience.
Months of entry
Modern business practices rely on accurate logistics and reliable, dependable supply chains. The smooth operation of these crucial aspects of company operations affects the profitability and reputation of any organisation that supplies business-to-business or business-to-consumer.
Accredited by The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), this course is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge needed by this fast-paced industry. Alongside topics such as strategic sourcing, contract and stakeholder management, and risk management, you also study information technology and information systems. This reflects the revolutionary impact the Internet and e-commerce have had on logistics and supply chain management and how they continue to drive innovation. You also engage in contemporary issues that influence industry practices such as ethical sourcing, reducing CO2 emissions and government policies that affect transport and infrastructure investments (road, rail, aviation and maritime).
This programme is taught at the Business School by experienced senior lecturers. There are usually opportunities for industry visits and senior staff from within the logistics and supply chain professions often visit campus to deliver guest lectures.
- You will be taught in the Business School’s £75 million teaching and research headquarters on All Saints Campus.Watch the video to find out more.
- You will have the opportunity to visits to local companies to learn more about their logisitcs and supply chain operations
- You will have the opportunity to attend guest lectures with speakers from the industry.
- You can undertake a short-term postgraduate internship with a real business during your studies.
- This programme is accredited by the Chartered Institute for Logistics and Transport and the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS).
This programme aims to equip aspiring Logistics and Supply Chain Management professionals to enter their chosen management field. Graduates from this programme are expected to use the qualification in combination with their degree and other personal achievements to provide a personal profile that makes them stand out from other applicants.
Units on the programme will cover the following themes:
- Business Management Practice
- Logistics and Supply Chain Concepts and Practices
- Logistics and Supply Chain Planning
- Research, Academic and Professional Skills
- Research Project
Information for international students
For more information to support your studies in the UK, including course details, how to apply, and living in the UK visit www.mmu.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
For further information on potential sources of funding for postgraduate students, visit www.mmu.ac.uk/study/postgraduate
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||32|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||20|
|Dissertation||33 (15000 words)|
|Presentations, use of packages (e.g. SAP)||5|
Course contact details
- David Lascelles
- +44 (0)161 247 6969