Applicants whose first language is not English are required to produce evidence of English language proficiency.
We require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
Months of entry
Operations and supply chain management is much more than simply moving items from A to B. It’s a diverse, evolving discipline that's fundamental to the flow of goods and provision of services all around the world; adapting to changing consumer expectations, shifting economic conditions, achieving sustainability principles, and emerging technologies, among a range of other global issues. This course offers the advanced understanding and practical skills to master it all.
You’ll learn from leaders in the field, exploring the latest issues around supply chain sustainability and the international regulatory environment, whilst also getting to grips with enterprise systems like SAP and tackling the challenges of managing strategic procurement.
We also offer a range of optional units, giving you the chance to shape your studies around your interests and professional aims. From there, you’ll be ready for your dissertation, picking a topic of your own interest and putting the theory into practice.
Our teaching team are all experienced professionals working at the forefront of their respective areas. We're well connected with the industry, working closely with institutes, associations and employers to make sure our courses offer the skills you'll need in your career.
We also have close links with external professionals, often our alumni, ensuring you hear voices from the industry and have access to practical advice and insight.
The course is accredited by both the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT) and the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
Features and Benefits
- Double accredited course – this course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport.
- Internationally recognised – our Business School is named in the QS World University Rankings 2022 for Masters in Supply Chain Management. We achieved this position through demonstrating a level of excellence in employability, thought leadership and diversity.
- Triple accredited school – our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Real-life learning – apply new skills outside of the course, with an optional short-term internship. Our placement and projects team will help you find opportunities with employers in the city.
- Adding value – during the course we’ll give you the opportunity to add critical industry-standard skills to your CV, such as SAP (Systems, Applications and Products) training.
- Valuable insight – hear expert academics and guest lectures from industry professionals active in the field today, giving you an insight into the current issues facing industry.
- Professional development – hear from industry experts and work with our Employability Team to develop your professional profile at our end-of-year MSc Operation Connect event.
- Regular events – attend masterclasses and careers fairs throughout your course to boost your professional network.
- A city of opportunities – Manchester is a truly international city for business. It’s home to businesses of all shapes and sizes, so you’ll often see the industry in action.
Information for international students
International students please visit our website for more information.
Fees and funding
Funding information available, please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)161 247 6969