To enrol in the course, you will need the following:
A UK honours degree (2:2 or above) or an international equivalent in an appropriate science or related subject
- Good honours candidates from other subjects may still be eligible if they can demonstrate significant proven professional experience in a relevant field
English language requirements:
Applicants whose first language is not English are required to produce evidence of English language proficiency.
Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification. Accepted English qualifications can be viewed here
We provide a FREE Pearson English test to all applicants, if required, which can be requested from your enrolment advisor during the application process.
Months of entry
January, March, May, July, September, November
Manchester Metropolitan University has been leading the way in nutrition and food science teaching and research since 1880. This Food Science and Innovation master’s degree combines Manchester Met’s rich expertise with new technology to give you the specialist food and nutrition knowledge you need to succeed.
From the effect of climate change on crops, to increasingly volatile food prices and unpredictable fluctuations in supply and demand, the pressures on the global food industry show no sign of abating. And, with those issues continuously shifting in focus, it’s more important than ever to find innovative solutions that adapt quickly and intelligently to problems. With this in mind, there has never been a better time to develop the skills you need to discover, innovate and shape the future of food with our MSc Food Science and Innovation.
The curriculum of the course has been built around functional, contemporary food science skills so you can apply what you learn right away. You’ll learn from highly-qualified academics with years of industry experience and blend the latest food safety and sustainability models with key industry skills. And with units such as Future Food Sustainability, you will be given a platform to understand the pressures that are facing the industry today and develop the skill set to help solve the challenges of tomorrow.
Delivered 100% online, you’ll study at your own pace to achieve a masters in as little as two years, growing your professional network through virtual seminars and group tasks with students across the world as you go.
There are six intakes annually for this course, with programmes starting in January, March, May, July, September and November.
Features and Benefits:
- Be at the forefront of new thinking - innovative research from the University’s dedicated Food Nutrition team underpins this programme’s broad and challenging syllabus, developing your practical skills, theory and workplace understanding.
- Harness new technology - thanks to virtual lab simulator Labster and video content created especially for the programme, you will get to grips with important scientific processes, with only a laptop and an internet connection.
- Study your way - from an easy application process, the opportunity to begin your studies at six different entry points in the year and the choice to pay per unit you study, we’re here to do everything we can to help you achieve your goals without taking a career break. Our Virtual Learning Environment has been expertly designed to help you study around existing commitments, wherever you are.
- Grow your worldwide professional network - through our live online seminars with tutors and peers, you will regularly collaborate with other students around the globe, making invaluable industry connections that can open doors now or in the future.
- Be supported every step of the way - we pride ourselves on our students’ study experience. As a Global Online MBA student, you will be given access to the Student Success Team. Specialists, who will help you make the most of your time with us and ensure you hit important deadlines.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Global Online Enrolment