Academic entry requirements
- You must have a Primary Dental degree (e.g. BDS, BChD, DDS).
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an entrance interview via Zoom. This will entail a short critical appraisal and discussion exercise.
- At least 3-years’ of postgraduate clinical practice equivalent to Foundation Dental Training and Dental Core Training in the UK.
Months of entry
Prosthodontics is focused on the replacement of missing teeth and the associated soft and hard tissues experienced by so many of the world's population. By providing prostheses like crowns, bridges, dentures we seek to alleviate the impacts of tooth loss on life. Learn with Newcastle University to gain and integrate the specialist skills, knowledge and understanding in prosthodontics to do this for your patients.
Our new suite of MClinDent programmes has a common foundation of Restorative Dentistry. We have created three bespoke options to enable dentists to acquire specialist skills and knowledge in the fields of:
All three elements will be studied in stage 1 of the MClinDent and will remain a common theme in stages 2 and 3 as you continue in your speciality of Prosthodontics.
Information for international students
English Language requirements
Direct Entry: IELTS 7.0 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in all sub-skills).
Pre-sessional English Language courses are not accepted as an alternative entry to this course.
Fees and funding
See online course for Fees and Funding information.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Dental Sciences
- +44 (0) 191 208 8140