Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Academic entry requirements
- Primary dental qualification – BDS or equivalent
- Full registration as a dentist with the UK General Dental Council
- Professional Indemnity Certificate
Months of entry
This course gives you the knowledge and skills necessary to use intravenous and inhalational sedation techniques on a wide range of anxious patients, including adults and children.
- a cone beam CT scanner and implant planning software. This is used for patients treated on our implant programmes
- in-house production laboratories providing excellent learning opportunities around clinician-technician communication
- excellent library and computing facilities on-site
- research laboratories in Oral Biology, Anthropology and Dental Materials Science
- a dedicated clinical research facility. It offers clinical training and research opportunities of the highest international standard
Information for international students
To study this course you need to meet the following English Language requirements: Direct Entry: IELTS 7.0 overall (with a minimum of 7.0 in all sub-skills).
Pre-sessional English Language courses are not accepted as an alternative entry to this course.
Fees and funding
See Fees and Funding tab in the Programme information in our online Prospectus.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Learning and Teaching Administrator
- +44 (0) 191 208 8140