A 2:1 honours degree and a master's degree, or international equivalents, in a relevant subject.
Months of entry
We have expert supervision available in a wide variety of education subjects. Our research areas range from early year's policy through to internationalisation in higher education.
We offer expert supervision in the following research areas:
- early year's policy with a focus on language and communication
- social justice in education
- gifted and talented children in Africa, India and the UK
- education in popular culture
- early literacy
- technology enhanced learning, including language learning
- learning to teach languages
- counselling and wellbeing in children and adults
- the physical leaning environment
- teaching and learning in Higher Education
- internationalisation in Higher Education
Information for international studentsTo study this course you need to meet our Band 8 English Language requirements: Direct Entry: IELTS 7.0 overall (with a minimum of 6.5 in all sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our programme fees and funding web page.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Carolyn Letts, Director of Postgraduate Research, School of Education, Communication and Language Sciences
- +44 (0)191 208 7390