A 2:2 BEng honours degree, or international equivalent, in:
- electrical and electronic engineering
- computer engineering
- mechanical engineering
- physics communications or information and control engineering.
Relevant professional experience is desirable, although not essential.
We will consider your application on an individual basis if you have lower or non-standard qualifications and significant, relevant professional experience.
Months of entry
This course covers all major disciplines in automation and control. It provides advanced education for both practising professionals and new graduates. You'll learn practical skills including:
- a focus on fundamentals in automation
- control and practical application in industry.
Core learning includes:
- linear controller design and state space with Matlab applications
- industrial automation, PLCs and robotics
- distributed control systems
- digital control systems
- application of engineering and computing expertise to investigate complex problems.
You'll learn crucial innovative techniques, including practical design skills and research methodologies. These are ideal for further research studies (PhD) and careers in a wide range of sectors.
Our experts have worldwide reputations in electrical engineering, mechatronics, and control systems research. With strong industry links, our degrees are shaped by industry and provide you with an enhanced learning journey.
The flexible nature of this programme allows you to specialise in one of two streams:
- Control Systems
Information for international students
English Language Requirements:
Direct Entry : IELTS 6.0 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in all sub-skills). If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a Pre-sessional English Language course.
Fees and funding
See our course fees and funding web page in our online Prospectus.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Engineering