A 2:2 honours degree, or international equivalent, in electrical and electronic engineering or mechanical engineering or a related discipline, such as:
- general engineering
- automotive, aeronautical or design engineering
- physics, including medical physics.
Months of entry
The Biomedical Engineering MSc enables you to widen your biomedical engineering knowledge and skills. You develop these to a postgraduate level with the opportunity to undertake in-depth studies through your research projects.
The Biomedical Engineering MSc has three specialist streams to suit your individual needs, background and career aspirations:
- Regulatory Sciences
It is intended for students with an honours degree (or international equivalent) in:
- mechanical or mechanical-related engineering, eg biomedical, materials or design
- electrical or electronic-related engineering
- other engineering disciplines
- or a related scientific discipline.
Information for international students
12 month MSc: To study this course you need to meet our Band 2 English Language requirements:
Direct Entry : IELTS 6.5 overall (with a minimum of 5.5 in all sub-skills)
If you have lower English Language scores, you may be accepted onto a pre-sessional English course.
Our typical English Language requirements are listed as IELTS scores but we also accept a wide range of English Language tests.
The equivalent academic qualifications that we accept are listed on our country pages.
Fees and funding
See our course fees and funding web page in our online Prospectus.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Degree Programme Director
- +44 (0) 191 208 6163