Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants should normally have a minimum of a 2:2 honours degree or equivalent in relevant subjects including geography, natural and earth sciences, as well as physics, chemistry, biology, engineering, mathematics, or computing related subjects. Applicants with professional or voluntary experience will also be considered.
Months of entry
This programme offers a remarkable opportunity to learn cutting-edge technological techniques underpinned by advanced theoretical knowledge from some of the world’s foremost authorities in environmental monitoring, modelling and reconstruction.
Throughout the course you will develop your practical skills and theoretical understanding of contemporary measurements, by intertwining them with reconstruction of past environments and computer modelling of the behaviour of past and future environmental systems.
A week-long fieldtrip in an Arctic location (e.g. Abisko, Sweden) will provide you with an excellent opportunity to practice your high-level data collection skills, developed within our thriving and inspiring research culture.
Our applied approach will allow graduates from any scientific background to develop the in-demand skills and theoretical understanding to succeed in industry, environmental management and consultancy, or further academic research.
This innovative new Masters offers:
- A stepping stone from any scientific discipline to a range of careers in environmental management and consultancy, geosciences or further academic research
- A taught course with a skills focus – you will learn how to apply high-level skills required for core environmental roles in the workplace or further academic research
- A tailored experience – you will design and carry out your own research in conjunction with staff who are leading experts in environmental geosciences
- A field trip to the Arctic – a remarkable opportunity to practise a wide range of high-level data collection and analysis skills in a unique location (included in the course fee).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- 0191 406 0901