You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree (2.2 or above).
All applicants will be required to demonstrate a commitment to the subject they wish to study and should demonstrate how their chosen programme of study will benefit them in their future career.
One academic reference is required.
Applicants with non-standard entry requirements and / or relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
Our MSc Human Resource Management (HRM) course is ideal for students from any academic discipline who want to build a successful career in the HR area. This course is approved by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), equipping you with the in-depth knowledge and practical skills required in today’s competitive market.
During your studies, you will explore a full range of HRM approaches, techniques and methodologies. The modules will provide you with a solid grounding in HRM and its practice in contemporary organisations. You'll gain internationally-relevant skills that create career opportunities in consultancy, recruitment, training and other HR roles which facilitate global business. The emphasis is on applying knowledge, skills and techniques to analyse HRM practices and strategies.
This course also leads to Associate Membership of the CIPD, and is a prerequisite for you to eventually apply for Chartered Membership and Chartered Fellowship of the CIPD. Nottingham Business School will pay for your student membership for the duration of the course.
Why study this degree?
- More and more employers around the world are recognising the value of CIPD qualifications. Stand out from the crowd with this degree placing you ahead of your peers.
- Pick a specialist optional module which will develop your skills and knowledge in the academic area that particularly interests you.
- You will complete a hands-on project; giving you a fantastic opportunity to use the theories and knowledge, you've gained to produce a meaningful piece of work. Projects include Consultancy Experience Project, Internship, Business Research Project and Global Experience Project.
- Typically, these routes are made up of students from over 25 different countries, which means you will have a truly international learning experience.
- You will complete a comprehensive development programme, which includes a short residential team-building course, usually held in the Peak District.
- NTU’s teaching and learning is gold-rated by the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework – that means you can count on outstanding teaching and learning, an education that’s truly focused on the workplace, and fantastic support in and outside of the classroom.
Fees and funding
The course fees are:
- £9,500 (one year full-time)
- £10,885 (£9,500 in Year One and £1,385 in Year Two)
The government introduced a new postgraduate loan scheme for Master degrees. The loan will be a contribution towards the costs of study and it will be at the student's discretion to use the loan towards fees, maintenance costs or other costs.
NTU is pleased to offer a number of scholarships worth up to the value of half your tuition fee. These scholarships are available to students who have been made an offer of a place to study on an eligible postgraduate Masters course starting in September or January and the scholarships will be available in the form of a tuition fee reduction.
We award these competitive scholarships to students who can demonstrate excellent achievement, passion and dedication to their studies.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nottingham Business School
- +44 (0) 115 848 4460