For the Prof GCE/PGCE:
- a UK honours degree, at a minimum 2.2 in Mathematics or related subject. Third Class graduates require additional A-level Mathematics at grade B, or equivalent; and
- relevant work experience will strengthen your application.
For the Cert Ed:
- A-level at grade C or equivalent; or
- substantial industrial / commercial experience in the intended subject specialism.
- an interview
- a Disclosure and Barring Service check; and
- a Prohibition Order check; and
- GCSE English and Mathematics at minimum grade C or equivalent; and
- one academic or vocational reference.
Months of entry
This Post-Compulsory Education degree is suitable for applicants with Mathematics or Numeracy subject experience from a wide variety of areas and industries. It leads to a teaching qualification in the post-compulsory education sector.
The awards meet the national professional standards, determined by the Learning Skills Improvement Service (LSIS) and allow you to apply for Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills status (QTLS) when you have completed your course. QTLS has been recognised as equivalent to QTS allowing holders to work in secondary schools.
We equip students with the knowledge and skills necessary for the demanding role of teacher / lecturer. The course is endorsed within the national framework for the sector and constitutes the University's equivalent of the Diploma in Education and Training.
This course is also offered with subject specialist pathways:
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team