For the Prof GCE / PGCE:
- a UK honours degree, at a minimum 2.2 in Mathematics or related subject. Third Class graduates require additional A-level Mathematics at grade B, or equivalent; and
- relevant work experience will strengthen your application.
For the Cert Ed:
- A-level at grade C or equivalent; or
- substantial industrial / commercial experience in the intended subject specialism.
- an interview
- a Disclosure and Barring Service check; and
- a Prohibition Order check; and
- GCSE English and Mathematics at minimum grade C or equivalent; and
- one academic or vocational reference.
Basic knowledge of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) is an advantage.
Months of entry
This course is suitable for applicants with Mathematics or Numeracy subejct experience from a wide variety of areas and industries. It leads to a teaching qualification in the post-compulsory education sector, which may be used to teach in schools and generous bursaries are available to help you study. The award meets the national professional standards, determined by the Learning Skills Improvement Service (LSIS) and prepare you to meet the requirements for QTLS (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills), which is the licence required to practice in the post-compulsory education sector.
Information for international students
For international students' fees and financial information please visit our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 0115 848 4200
- 0115 848 6626