An undergraduate degree (2.1 or above)
(A 2.2 honours degree will be considered with evidence of exceptional achievement elsewhere in the application, for example, awards, scholarships, work experience - paid or unpaid).
All applicants should provide evidence in their supporting information document of their commitment to a career in law and will be required to provide a full reference in support of their application.
Months of entry
Why choose this course
- 100% of NTU's research submitted to the Law Unit of Assessment was assessed to be world-leading or internationally excellent in terms of research impact (REF 2021).
- This course provides an opportunity for a non-law graduate to study the seven law foundation subjects and then proceed onto the Barristers Training Course (BTC) with the aim of becoming a Barrister, in a cost effective and time efficient manner.
- Successful completion will enable you to obtain an internationally recognised Masters qualification by completing compulsory taught modules – all taught at Masters Level, and to be called to the Bar.
- This course is eligible for the UK Government postgraduate loan.
- This course provides you with everything you need to have the best opportunity to pass the Bar examinations whilst also developing the professional skills that really matter in practice.
- You will be taught by our outstanding teaching team, many of whom are experienced legal professionals who will provide you with excellent and personalised teaching in a dynamic and interactive teaching environment.
- Opportunities are available to further practice the legal skills you acquire through mooting, negotiation and interviewing competitions to enhance your CV.
- There is opportunity for “hands on” experience to develop professional skills and gain experience in our regulated and multi award winning teaching law firm, NLS Legal.
For more information please visit the course page.
Information for international students
It is a requirement of the LLM BTC that students are fluent in English. Applicants need to be able to demonstrate that their English language ability is equivalent to a minimum score of 7.5 in each element of the IELTS test.
International students will be required to produce a certificate evidencing the necessary IELTS scores or equivalents* unless they have:
- An actual or predicted degree classification of 2.1 or above in a degree undertaken in the UK and awarded by a UK institution;**
- An actual or predicted commendation or above in the GDL undertaken in the UK and awarded by a UK institution; or
- An actual or predicted commendation or above in a taught Masters undertaken in the UK and awarded by a UK institution.
*We currently accept the following as alternatives to IELTS:
- Pearson Test of English (Academic)
** 1 year of study in the UK will satisfy this requirement.
Find out more about our English language requirements for International students: English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Nottingham Law School offers a number of competitive scholarships, for full details please visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)115 848 2999