Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Students who enrol on this course will normally have a 2:2 from their undergraduate studies or equivalent level from another study course approved by NTU to be admitted onto the course.
Months of entry
his course is designed for non-law graduates interested in becoming a solicitor. The LLM Law and Legal Practice course provides you with the legal knowledge and skills required to prepare you for the Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE) 1 assessment, the first step in your route to qualifying as a solicitor.
- This SQE 1 preparation course provides an opportunity to obtain an internationally recognised Masters qualification by completing compulsory taught modules.
- This course is eligible for the UK Government postgraduate loan.
- All our SQE preparation courses carry awards and are taught at Masters level.
- This course provides you with everything you need to have the best opportunity to pass SQE whilst also developing the professional skills that really matter to employers.
- You will be taught by our outstanding teaching team, many of whom are experienced legal professionals who will provide you with excellent and personalised teaching in a dynamic and interactive teaching environment.
- Opportunities for further practice and test the legal skills you acquire through mooting, negotiation, interviewing competitions to enhance your CV.
- Opportunity for “hands on” experience to develop professional skills and gain experience in our regulated and multi award winning teaching law firm, the NLS Legal Advice Centre.
Information for international students
For students whose first language is not English there is currently a requirement that they have IELTS academic test grade of 6.5 with minimum of 5.5 in each component or equivalent qualification.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team