Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Applicants should have successfully completed either the Legal Practice Course (LPC), or the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC), their precursors, or equivalent.
- Applications from members of other legal professions will also be considered with proof of a professional qualification.
- Applicants with Accredited Prior Experiential Learning of at least two years of verifiable legal professional experience (a form will be provided upon request).
- Applications by legal professionals from other jurisdictions with non-UK legal professional qualifications equivalent to the LPC or BPTC or verifiable APEL.
- Applicants who have been certified by the Qualified Lawyer Transfer Scheme.
We specify these minimum entry requirements, but we will assess you individually on your ability to benefit from the course.
Months of entry
January, April, September
Nottingham Law School provides an LLM (Masters in Law) award through distance learning to “top-up” professional legal qualifications or experience.
The LLM Legal Practice DL is available to individuals who have either undertaken and passed the UK Legal Practice Course (LPC), the Bar Professional Practice Course (BPTC), their precursors, equivalent professional certifications in non-UK jurisdictions, or the Qualified Lawyers Transfer Scheme certification (QLTS).
The course will also count Acquired Prior Experiential Learning (APEL), which in this case must be no less than 2 years verified professional experience as a qualified legal professional which can account for two-thirds of the LLM. Students will then 'top up' these credit points with a dissertation or article, studied and completed by distance learning, to gain the LLM degree. APEL accreditation is awarded solely at the discretion of the Course Leader.
Fees and funding
Visit our website for more information about Postgraduate funding.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- flexible4 - 24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)115 848 4200