A good law degree, 2.2 or above.
Applicants whose first degree is not Law will be required to provide evidence of commitment to the LLM subject that they wish to study. Applicants from other disciplines will be welcomed in appropriate circumstances, particularly if they have experience in the area, even if not as lawyers.
We specify these minimum entry requirements, but we will assess you individually on your ability to benefit from the course. We sometimes offer places on the basis of non-standard entry qualifications, and industrial or professional experience.
Months of entry
Sport has become increasingly important as a business and can involve significant financial stakes. There is a growing demand for appropriately qualified sports law professionals and this course has been designed so that you'll have the knowledge required to enter this exciting area of law.
The influence of UK, European and international law and regulations in sport is increasing, and this course focuses on the regulation of sport at a UK and EU level. You will explore areas such as Sport, Law and the Human Body and benefit from our considerable expertise in the related areas of Health and Intellectual Property Law.
Why choose LLM Sports Law?
- Learn about UK, European and international laws and regulations regarding sport, and understand how sport is becoming an increasingly important business.
- Benefit from our expertise in Sports Law and the complementary areas of Health and Intellectual Property Law.
- Fulfil the growing demand for appropriately qualified sports lawyers and managers.
- Full-time and part-time study routes.
- Attend an International Summer School with the opportunity to explore Law in a European context.
- Scholarships available.
- Individual modules can be studied for Continuing Professional Development (CPD) awards. Email us for details.
- 98% of our postgraduate Law School students are employed or engaged in further study six months after graduating (DLHE, postgraduate leavers 2015-16).
Information for international students
IELTS 6.5 is required by applicants whose first language is not English.
Fees and funding
Nottingham Law School offers a number of competitive scholarships. Visit our website for more details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nottingham Law School Enquiries
- +44 (0)115 848 4460