- You will need a professional social work qualification. This may be a Social Work degree, Diploma in Social Work, CQSW, CSS or their predecessor UK equivalents, or a recognised international equivalent accompanied by statements of verification issued by a relevant UK Professional, Statutory and Regulatory Body (PSRB) such as the Health and Care Professions Council or The General Social Care Council.
- Applicants from allied disciplines may be eligible to apply for entry onto specific modules. Please contact the course team to discuss your options.
- Applicants must be a registered social worker with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- You will also be required to demonstrate in your application that you have access to appropriate learning opportunities through your practice settings and that your employer will allow you to use your work in these settings as learning opportunities for the modules on the course.
Please note that some Advanced Social Work Practice modules will require you to have an ascertained amount of post qualification experience and / or prerequisite modules that must be completed before you are eligible to enrol. You may also be asked to complete a written task as part of the entry process for certain modules.
Months of entry
The MA Advanced Social Work Practice is a flexible course that offers you, as a registered social worker, an integrated academic and professional qualification in the areas of adult and childcare social work.
As a social worker, you are tasked with intervening in the lives of those who are vulnerable. You are required to make decisions which can impact upon both the individual and wider society. This course offers you flexible access to a range of modules – relevant at whatever stage of your career you are at – and will equip you with the essential skills needed for current practice.
The modular delivery of the course allows you to meet your learning at a time and pace that makes sense to you and will support your professional development throughout your career. By completing the course you'll have the opportunity to acquire a master's qualification while making an original contribution to knowledge and understanding in your chosen field of professional practice.
The course has been designed to meet the requirements of the Professional Capabilities Framework and the Health and Care Professions Council Standards of Proficiency. It's therefore an ideal opportunity for continuous professional development, which will support your continued registration with the Health and Care Professions Council as a qualified practitioner who has demonstrated commitment to and involvement in CPD.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Social Sciences
- +44 (0)115 848 4460