You will need an undergraduate degree equivalent to a UK undergraduate honours degree or other equivalent higher education qualification e.g. HND / DipHE. Applicants without such qualifications will be considered but will be required to evidence relevant work experience in a related field, and demonstrate their motivation and ability to study at postgraduate level. Interviews form part of the selection process. All applicants will be required to complete a disclosure and barring service check (formerly known as criminal records bureau disclosure).
MA - September 2018 start; PG Cert - September 2018 and January 2019 start
Months of entry
The MA career development course has been designed to equip you with the skills, qualities and knowledge required of a professional practitioner working in the career development sector, enabling you to meet the needs of clients in a variety of settings.
The course is suited to the needs of students wishing to enter employment within the sector, as well as those already employed in career development or related roles.
- NTU has successfully been teaching career guidance courses since 1973, and has established a strong national reputation in this field. You’ll benefit from a broad spectrum of contemporary thinking and debate on careers education, information, advice, guidance and coaching, and you’ll develop the skills to make a positive impact on the sector and the profession.
- The curriculum offers flexibility – you have the choice of studying full-time or by blended learning, and there are module options to help you develop specialisms.
- This course is ideal if you’re looking to find employment in the sector, or are already employed in a career development or related role and seek continuing professional development opportunities (CPD).
- The CDI has commended the course’s excellent teaching team and blended learning innovations, recognising them with the 2015 CDI career development award for best practice in the use of technology in career development.
- Ethical Stances and Professional Practices
- Frameworks for Professional Practice
- Optional module: Qualification in Career Development Professional Standards (QCD) - Career Development Institute (CDI) accredited
- Optional module: Labour Market Information (LMI)
- Core module: Research Methods and Dissertation / Service Evaluation
For more information on the modules you may study on this course please visit our website.
- For the PG Cert, face-to-face input will take place at workshop days (six in total).
- For the MA, there is initially a greater proportion of face-to-face input supported by online teaching and learning activities.
Fees and funding
For information on fees, funding and scholarships for home, EU and International students, please visit our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Social Sciences
- +44 (0) 115 848 4460