Months of entry
Do you want to develop your own original writing whilst engaging with the best contemporary work being published? You’ll refine your craft with guidance from the award-winning writers who teach on this workshop-based MA, as well as from visiting writers. Make the most of an opportunity to produce a substantial written project in a nurturing, creative environment. The writing skills you’ll develop will help ensure that, upon graduating, your work is ready for submission to publishers and agents.
- Develop your confidence and writing skills in an environment supportive of creative work.
- Produce a substantial writing project which you can submit to publishers and agents.
- Benefit from the depth of experience and knowledge shared by our staff, including several award-winning writers, and visiting writers.
- Expand your own writing experience through submitting work to student publications such as Ink, and the University press published literary journal, Short Fiction.
- Increase your critical self-awareness on a programme designed to round you as a writer.
- Enrich your learning experience through workshop-based seminars that allow you to explore the diverse strands of creative writing, from stories to screenplays.
Information for international students
An IELTS score of 7 or equivalent is required.
Fees and funding
You may now be eligible for a government loan of up to £10,280 towards the cost of your masters degree.
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||100|
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0)1752 585858