A good degree or equivalent in an appropriate subject. For mature students a lesser qualification with additional experience may be acceptable. For overseas students proficiency in English is required to British Council standards. Applicants are encouraged to enquire about their suitability.
Months of entry
At the frontier of natural and social science where economic, ethical and political issues converge this programme helps you explore the many dimensions of sustainability and the environment. From the classroom to the field, our practical teaching provides a strong foundation for you to investigate your specific interests and gain hands-on experience. Led by renowned experts, as part of a multidisciplinary research community, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge to build a successful career.
- Work side by side with experts from across the Faculty of Science and Engineering and Plymouth Business School – schools which were rated as ‘internationally excellent’ in the latest Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 2008.
- Carry out an extended dissertation project - designed to benefit those who intend to undertake further study or a research-based career.
- Tailor your studies for the career you want – from environmental agencies and consultancies to local or central government and research – and take your place shaping the pioneering policy and projects of the future.
- Focus on the aspects of sustainable environmental management that you feel most strongly about, with an individual research project and accompanying dissertation.
- Benefit from our local, national and international sector connections as part of a respected and active research community that includes groups such as the Marine Institute – the first and largest of its kind in the UK – and the Centre for Sustainable Transport.
- Add value to your qualification by studying on a programme accredited by the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) – the benchmark for high-quality programmes recognised internationally by learners and employers.
- Balance your work commitments and further education with the opportunity to study part time for a masters-level qualification.
Information for international students
IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 575 required.
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||35|
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- +44 (0)1752 585858
- +44 (0)1752 584540