The usual qualification for entry to the LLM programme is a degree in law, or a degree with a substantial law content, of at least 2.1 honours (or equivalent). Law graduates with 2.2 honours who also have other legal qualifications and/or substantial professional legal experience may also qualify.
Non-law graduates may be considered on the basis of any professional experience that directly relates to the subject area. Non-law graduates with a minimum second class honours degree that have also obtained a Merit (or 60 per cent) in the Common Professional Examination (CPE) and Bar Finals/Legal Practice examinations, or passed the solicitors’ qualifying examination, may qualify.
Months of entry
The Dual LLM in Commercial Law (Singapore and London) programme aims to provide students with a unique opportunity to study commercial law in two major commercial hubs, Singapore and London. The programme is designed to give you a broad overview of Asian commercial law in Singapore followed by the opportunity to build on this knowledge by going into more depth in London, through more specialised taught modules as well as a dissertation.
This is a highly intensive 15-month degree programme where you will gain insight into the legal underpinnings of commerce in the East and West. On successful completion you will be awarded a Dual LLM in Commercial Law (Singapore and London) from Queen Mary University of London (QMUL) in the UK and Singapore Management University (SMU) in Singapore.
- Provides an expert and in-depth understanding of the workings of commercial law and the application of the law to everyday practice. You will also gain the ability to assess critically and comment upon the current state of the law from an international and transnational perspective and conduct advanced research in this area of law.
- Has a major focus on international and comparative issues, and on the importance of legal principles, rules and laws underlying business and commercial relationships. You will be equipped with a thorough understanding of key aspects of commercial law from multiple perspectives.
- Will allow you to develop an in-depth understanding of different regions' approaches to resolving commercial problems.
- This is a fully integrated programme where you will stay connected to both universities throughout the whole 15 month programme. You will be given thorough inductions at each of the two stages of the programme in both universities. Lecturers from both universities will be available to you, whether you are in Singapore or in London.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Programme Administrator
- +44 (0)20 7882 3609