Entry requirementsDegree requirements
A Distinction at UK Masters level in Economics, Finance or a related field. A thorough knowledge of Masters-level Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, and Econometrics, and also of Mathematics and statistical theory relevant to Economics is required.Additional information
For information on the comparability of international qualifications to a UK Masters degree, please contact the Admissions Office.
Find out more about how to apply for our postgraduate taught courses.
Months of entry
About the School of Economics and Finance (SEF):
- 10th in the UK for research power in the latest Research Excellence Framework (REF 2014)
- More than 35 academic staff conducting research in wide range of areas
- Proximity to London’s financial districts (City of London and Canary Wharf)
- Self-contained campus with on-site accommodation
- State-of-the-art building
About the Finance MRes:
Research-oriented programme for students who already hold an MSc in finance or a related field
Strong emphasis on formal maths, statistics and econometrics
Teaching and dissertation supervision by research-active academics
Most students graduating from the programme continue onto our PhD programme (subject to fulfilling requirements)
Can also be pursued as a stand-alone degree
Generous financial assistance available for outstanding candidates
Information for international students
Click here for more information.
Fees and funding
There are a number of ways you can fund your postgraduate degree.
- Scholarships and bursaries
- Postgraduate loans (UK students)
- Country-specific scholarships for international students
Our Advice and Counselling service offers specialist support on financial issues, which you can access as soon as you apply for a place at Queen Mary. Before you apply, you can access our funding guides and advice on managing your money:
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
Course contact details
- School of Economics and Finance
- +44 (0)20 7882 8848