You should have a good second class honours degree (2:1 or 2:2), or equivalent, in economics or a related subject. A good basic knowledge of relevant statistical theory and mathematics is also necessary. If your first language is not English, you must provide evidence of your English language proficiency - 6.5 IELTS or equivalent is required. International applicants Students from outside of the UK help form a global community here at Queen Mary.
For detailed country specific entry requirements please visit the International section of our website. If your first language is not English, you must provide evidence of your English language proficiency. You can find details on our English language entry requirements here: www.qmul.ac.uk/international/languagerequirements If you do not meet language or scholarly requirements it might be possible for you to undertake a pre-masters or pre-sessional programme that will prepare you for the masters programme. For more information, please contact the Admissions Office.
CISI Specialist Pathway in Wealth Management
Months of entry
The MSc in Investment and Finance is a specialist degree that provides practical and theoretical training in areas of major financial interest, in particular investment management and corporate finance. This masters degree is designed for those who wish to enter a career in finance or related areas including financial institutions, financial regulatory bodies, public sector institutions and International organisations, in positions such as investment analyst, financial analyst, trader and portfolio manager.
Unique features of the MSc in Investment and Finance are:
- Exam exemption from one of the CISI Chartered Wealth Manager Qualification modules (Financial Markets module) if studying specified QMUL modules.
- Exemption from CBI (The Chartered Banker Institute) Diploma modules.
- Four scholarships available worth £5,000.
As with all of our masters degrees, MSc Investment and Finance offers:
- Invaluable contributions from respected City practitioners and industry experts who also teach students, bringing practical insights in to the classroom by applying the theory to real world scenarios.
- A fully integrated careers programme, a dedicated careers consultant, and extensive industry links that aim to maximise your employment prospects.
- An unparalleled set of optional short courses designed to equip you with further practical training and key technical skills that are highly valued in the Financial Sector.
- High rate of employment of our students within six months of graduation.
- State-of-the-art facilities such as a virtual trading floor which provides exclusive access to the latest technology and financial software used in the banking and finance industry, and access to specialised financial and economic databases and software used by economists in finance or in government for data analysis and simulation.
- The opportunity to join QUMMIF – one of three Investment Clubs of its kind in the UK. QUMMIF was founded by MSc Investment and Finance students and allows students to trade real money (currently £30,000) in order to obtain relevant, practical work experience in trading and portfolio analysis
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Tuition fees for Home and EU students
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Economics and Finance
- +44 (0)20 7882 8848