UK Degree requirements
A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in any subject.
Candidates that do not currently meet the set entry requirements may also have the option to study the Graduate Diploma in Finance and Economics. Meeting the required grades on completion of this programme will provide a pathway to study MSc Investment Banking and MSc Investment Banking (CFA Pathway).
Months of entry
- Comprehensive training in finance with special focus on investment banking (legal environment, strategic factors, valuation of firms, security issuance, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, etc.)
- Suitable for students with limited or no quantitative background, though willingness to take on numerical challenges is required
- Wide range of elective modules
- Optional, ungraded modules (e.g., C++, Python, Matlab, Financial Trading on Bloomberg and other trading-room systems, technical analysis)
- CFA pathway available (provides intensive preparation for CFA Level I exam)
- Comparison to other MSc’s in SEF
Fees and funding
There are a number of ways you can fund your postgraduate degree.
- Scholarships and bursaries
- Postgraduate loans (UK students)
- Country-specific scholarships for international students
Our Advice and Counselling service offers specialist support on financial issues, which you can access as soon as you apply for a place at Queen Mary. Before you apply, you can access our funding guides and advice on managing your money:
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- School of Economics and Finance
- +44 (0)20 7882 8848