Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- 1. Normally a 2.1 Honours degree in Architecture from an approved RIBA/ARB Part 1 course in a recognised institution. Applicants with a degree in Architecture below 2.1 Honours standard will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- 2. Normally an assessment of 60% or above in the final year major design project of their approved RIBA/ARB Part 1 course.
- 3. A demonstration of a critical awareness of the applicant's position relative to the profession and discipline of architecture. Such demonstration is typically (but not exclusively) achieved through experience in architectural practice in accordance with RIBA/ARB regulations for practical training.
- 4. Applicants will be asked to submit an architectural design portfolio to support their application and may also be invited for interview.
Months of entry
An exciting, creative Master’s degree with accreditation from the ARB and RIBA, for students with a first degree in architecture who wish to progress their studies to final qualification as a practising architect.
Your focus will be to investigate the relationships between critical practice, design and research in the making of architectural proposals. The work produced throughout this two year Master’s is a collaborative effort between you, our academics and practicing architects.
Our studio is divided up into five thematic studio groups, each led by a pair of tutors. Each of the groups also feature an external ‘consultant’ who will contribute to teaching throughout the year.
This course encourages lateral thinking, problem solving, creativity and engagement with issues in a self-critical process. But it is also broad in its engagement. It will address issues as diverse as our survival on the planet and local engagement with culture and craft - the making of anything from an entire city to a door handle.
You’ll be engaging with real projects and real clients locally, and embarking on worldwide field trips – plus our Erasmus scheme gives you the chance to study at a European university. Our students have gone to places such as Munich, Barcelona, Istanbul and Croatia.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries