Course Entry Requirements
You will need to hold at least a lower second (2.2) UK bachelor’s degree or international equivalent and at least 4 years of experience in a leadership role. If you do not have these qualifications but believe that this is the course for you, please apply and we will conduct an interview process to ensure that the programme would be right for you. The programme is taught entirely in internationally accessible English, but if English is not your first language you will need to hold a minimum IELTS 6.5.
Months of entry
Change is a constant, you can’t escape it nor hide from it and, as we’ve seen with the global pandemic, organisations tested by change often experience detrimental consequences. With digital transformation, shifting patterns of global trade and economic shocks very much on the horizon systemic, agile and disruptive change will continue to be central to organisational leadership for years to come. Successful change leadership is about creating a healthy culture and environment to build confidence in people and organisations so they can continue to perform in the face of persistent change and learn from failure.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Change Leadership has been designed for leaders who want to disrupt their thinking and embrace change leadership as an opportunity to transform people and organisations for the better. The programme provides you with an understanding of the fundamental principles, challenges, and opportunities of change leadership. Using a lens that focuses on people and processes, change is explored and experimented with in several ways. Throughout the programme, you will critically explore concepts and theory to better understand your context and how you could apply the ideas, thinking and behaviours in your work. The focus of development on this programme is on your skills and behaviour around the subject of Change Leadership, so that you can create impact and sustainable positive change within your own context.
This Postgraduate Diploma in Change Leadership is for you if you are…
- A learning, development and/or talent manager looking to interpret the requirements of organisational change and transformation.
- A leader or manager who is ready to challenge themselves and make a developmental leap to the next level of their growth.
- Working in an organisation structure which relies on increased collaboration and want to understand how to lead successfully in this environment.
- In need of new applications of skills and behaviours that work in your new context.
You will walk away with
A postgraduate diploma in change leadership, an internationally recognised qualification, which will boost your impact and career as a leader and/or manager.
The confidence and capability to lead transformational change initiatives
A thorough understanding of the theories, models and tools of change practice
- A greater connection with a network of leaders
Module 1 – Academic reading and writing
Module 2 – Understanding the drivers of change
Module 3 – Models and tools for change and practice
Module 4 – Roles and skills of leadership in change
Module 5 – Engaging and consulting with key stakeholders
Module 6 – Engaging and motivating people through change
Benefits for you
You will graduate with a diploma in change leadership, an internationally recognised qualification, which will grow your impact and career as a leader and/or manager. You will be able to:
- Identify the drivers of change in an organisational context, uncovering the organisational and external factors that are driving change.
- Article the role and skills of leaders and leadership in change, how leaders respond to change, assess risk and priorities, and engage stakeholders to implement change quickly and with confidence.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the major models and tools of change practice ranging from meta, organisational level to team and personal transformations.
- Learn with and from a network of change leadership peers.
Find out more and meet us online
To help you understand more about the programme and what it’s like to study at Roffey Park, we run regular online information webinars. Book onto the next event
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time15 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
MSc in Change Leadership
For an additional fee, learners on our Postgraduate Diploma in Change Leadership can continue their studies over a further 9 months and receive an MSc in Change Leadership.
The MSc in Change Leadership is delivered online over 9 months, part-time. During this programme you will receive taught content, undertake research and complete a dissertation project. You’ll receive support from your Dialogic Learning Groups (DLGs) and dissertation supervision from one of our faculty members.
Course contact details
- Juliet Batchelor