Applicants will normally be able to demonstrate the following:
- relevant qualifications (e.g. undergraduate degree or equivalent) or professional experience which has prepared you equivalently for advanced study, as agreed by academic staff at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama ;
- an appropriate written reference;
- evidence of a specific commitment to the course with an understanding of relevant issues and practices;
- evidence of appropriate level of skills/competencies;
- evidence of the ability to work in collaboration with colleagues and, where relevant, with external parties;
- evidence of a capacity to work at masters’ level e.g. engage with complex matters in the field;
- demonstrate originality in the application of knowledge.
Months of entry
Central offers a PG Certificate in Applied Theatre with Young People (PGATYP) in Directing Text in association with the National Theatre, as part of their Connections Scheme. You apply initially through the scheme at The National Theatre.
- Combines the National Theatre Youth Connections Scheme with academic study
- Integrates theory and practical work in directing with young people
- Applied theatre at Central is highly regarded internationally as a world leader with the largest number of specialist teaching staff in the field
The PGATYP is designed to provide a qualification based on work undertaken in partnership with the National Theatre in directing theatre and drama with young people (young people are usually interpreted as up to the age of 25 years). The course offers direct entry to Central’s MA Applied Theatre on successful completion of the PGATYP.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)20 7722 8183