Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
This course is highly suited to:
- chief design officers,
- mid-to-senior level management,
- in-house R&D teams,
- business developers,
- sales, marketing and design teams,
- entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs,
- anyone from the creative industries, talent consultants, traditional services (finance, accounting, IT, law etc.), government and civil service, public sector and NGOs.
Months of entry
Dates: 30 April – 1 May 2020
Duration: One day, structured over two half-days
- Day one: starts after lunch at 1pm and finishes at 5.30pm
- Day two: starts at 9.30am and finishes before lunch at 1.30pm
This introductory two-day executive workshop is based on tried and tested methods developed with businesses, drawing on expertise the Helen Hamlyn Centre for Design has acquired while delivering over 280 projects for clients ranging from businesses, the government and the third sector. The workshop will include examples of real-world case studies of Creative Leadership in action.
Research by the Centre shows that the three core Creative Leadership attributes they identified – empathy, clarity and creativity – are widely recognised as baseline operational and leadership values. They establish a holistic proposition for personal and organisational development previously unmet by design management, creative strategy and leadership courses.
Personal and organisational benefits
The benefits to you and your organisation include:
- the opportunity to develop and apply the core RCA Creative Leadership attributes and processes
- access to world-class expertise
- strategies to to cultivate your individual leadership profile using creativity, empathy and clarity
- interaction and networking with peers from different backgrounds.
What will I learn?
You will learn to:
- practice Creative Leadership on an individual and collective level
- apply the attributes, tools and frameworks of Creative Leadership in your personal and professional development
- recognise and address the need for empathy, clarity and creativity in your interactions with colleagues, clients and partners and understand the value of these leadership attributes in ideation, research and project delivery.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- Short course
- part time1 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
Course contact details
- RCA Executive Education team