This course is ideal for anyone interested in transforming their organisation through the application of service design, including:
Months of entry
Services represent around 80 per cent of the economy. Service design applies human-centric design principles to make services that are sustainable and desirable for changing consumer needs. It can be applied to all sectors ranging from retail and banking to transportation, health and education.
The Royal College of Art is a global pioneer in the teaching of the MA Service Design and has successfully trained a new generation of practitioners who are delivering transformational ideas across business and government. Graduates have gone on to work for firms that include IDEO, Fjord, Engine, EY-Seren, Public Health England, Government Digital Services, Jaguar Land Rover, McKinsey.
In an age where product-based value is insufficient to satisfy customers, service design is a powerful discipline. This introductory executive masterclass will teach you how to apply practical tools for effective service design.
- Four live sessions over two weeks
Personal and organisational benefits
The benefits to you and your organisation include:
- access to global best practice in service design
- learn empathic understanding of users/customers
- return to your organisation with new techniques and strategies to put into practice
- experience critical, creative and insightful thinking
- interact and network with peers from different backgrounds and functions.
You will learn:
- how to apply service design methodology and frameworks to create better customer experiences
- real world applications of service design and how it is transforming organisations
- creative design techniques.
Clive Grinyer is a Head of Programme for the Service Design MA at the Royal College of Art. As a design consultant, Clive is an experienced leader in design, innovation and customer experience, delivering strategies for organisations in many different sectors including retail, financial services and public sector. Previously he led the Service Design and Innovation teams at Barclays, Cisco's Consultancy Services, Samsung and Orange. He co-founded the design company Tangerine (with Martin Darbyshire and Sir Jonathan Ive – former chief design officer of Apple and Chancellor of the Royal College of Art).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- Professional Development
- part time0.1 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- RCA Executive Education team