Applicants should have:
- a BA in Textiles or a related Art and Design subject, or equivalent experience
- For Soft Systems only: a BA in Textiles, BSc or BEng, or equivalent experience
- a personal proposal for the intended direction of their MA study
- Passion, commitment and a strong sense of personal responsibility for one's own learning and development are essential for MA study
Months of entry
Textiles offer uniquely fluid, flexible and infinitely adaptable ways of questioning, examining and solving the some of the increasingly complex societal challenges of the twenty-first century.
Textiles RCA is a multi-faceted discipline, and we work at the creative interface between materials, making and meaning. Our focus is new knowledge that impacts across many sectors, exploring new territories for tomorrow’s Textiles specialist.
New materials, new ways of making and new ways of experiencing our man-made world require us to constantly reconsider and question our activities, generating a culture of creative restlessness throughout the activities of the programme.
We engage with industry at all levels and our graduates’ career profiles match this multi-faceted identity.
Delivered through five unique specialisms, our dynamic approach frequently employs multidisciplinary and collaborative methods. Our discipline thrives on a spirit of creative flux that encourages stepping away from the status-quo.
The programme offers:
- An awareness of the creative, sociological, cultural, commercial and sustainable context of Textiles
- The development of innovative ideas that challenge the understanding of their practice and the discipline of textiles
- The development of textile skills through experimentation and research into both traditional and emerging materials and processes
Information for international students
Candidates who do not speak English as their first language are required to produce evidence that within the previous two years they have achieved at least 93 in the TOEFL internet test with an additional writing test score of TWE 24 or an IELTS exam score of 6.5 with 6 in writing.
Fees and funding
Learn more at the funding page.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details