Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
UK Upper Second Class (2:1) (Honours) or equivalent.
Relevant professional qualifications related to the field of marketing and work experience in an associated area will be considered.
The MA Marketing course is appropriate both for those who have prior study experience in the Marketing area and for those who have studied alternative disciplines at undergraduate level.
A successful applicant will usually have the following qualities:
- students should be self-motivated, keen readers, open to considering marketing in terms of abstract theory
- willing to participate in class discussion and happy to work on team projects.
English language requirements:
IELTS 6.5 overall with 6.5 in writing and a minimum of 6.0 in all other subscores.
Months of entry
This Marketing MA is aimed at students who have a keen interest in developing an intellectual understanding of the theories underpinning marketing concepts and processes. You will build a sound knowledge and understanding of the contemporary issues relating to marketing, consumers and culture. It is a distinct, research-led course based on contemporary theory and case material which is challenging and innovative. It draws upon the highest level of theory and practice in this field and builds on the extensive research and teaching expertise of our academics.
On graduating you will have an in-depth and critical understanding of a world increasingly defined by a culture of consumerism and the role played by marketing activities in building strong customer relationships and business opportunities. You will cover specialist marketing subjects, especially written for this Master’s programme and chosen for their relevance to contemporary marketing practice and research and develop forms of analysis and understanding at the very cutting edge. Your studies will cover issues such as the critical and practical understandings of marketing and consumers and branding. You will also explore the new marketing and consumer environment which both challenges and builds upon traditional marketing concepts.
As a member of the School of Management you will join an intellectually stimulating, friendly and supportive research environment and, through working closely with our expert and experienced academic staff, you will be in a position to realise your full potential.
- Distinctive from traditional marketing programmes by focusing on marketing and consumer culture from critical and creative perspectives.
- Flexibility to tailor your studies to suit your specific areas of interest, such as: arts marketing, marketing communications and marketing ethics.
- Latest thinking and exciting intellectual challenges provided by academics who are at the frontiers of their subjects.
- International profile created from regularly hosting visits by leading international marketing academics who present their research to faculty and students.
- Innovative and rising Management School, moving up the rankings 11 places in just one year (Guardian University Guide in 2015) and Marketing ranked 4th (Complete University Guide 2017).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Management Postgraduate Admissions